Sunday, December 17, 2006

Grace Denison Wheeler


Grace Denison Wheeler
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel.
This is the memorial gravestone of Grace Denison Wheeler, unmarried daughter of Richard A. Wheeler. Resting in Elm Grove Cemetery in Mystic/Stonington, CT, Grace was a lifelong historian.

According to the Denison Genealogy, Grace was born 8 July 1858 and died (as you can see by the date on the stone) 15 November 1956 aged 95 years. As you can see, she had a long life and was alive in my lifetime.

Grace was the author of a book I am reading and working with entitled, "The Homes of our Ancestors in Stonington, Conn." published in 1903.

According to the Relationship Calculator in my genealogy software application, her closest relationship to me is 3rd cousin, 4 times removed and our common ancestors are Jonathan Wheeler and Esther Denison.

Thanks to Grace and her father Richard, I have had a great few years of learning about my Connecticut ancestors.

No comments: