Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stanton Hall and Mercy Perkins

This is the front of the gravestone for Stanton HALL and his wife Mercy PERKINS. Their daughter Phebe Eliza HALL (1820-1842) was the first wife of Matthew Stillman BARBER (1815-1888).

"Stanton HALL/ Died/January 21, 1837./Aged 53 years./
Mercy HALL, wife of Stanton HALL/Died/October 23, 1865/ Aged 79 years. "

Stantion HALL's father and grandfather were named Theodoty HALL Jr. and Sr. and their resting places remain "lost". Theodoty Hall, Jr.'s wife was Mary PECKHAM and those ancestors are part of the John PECKHAM line of Middletown and Newport, RI.

3 comments:

BJC said...

HI! What a beuatiful picture!! Stanton and Mercy Hall are my GGGG grandparents. I'm in the process of updating a family history book my great-grandmother Florence M. Hall Bailey (daughter of Frank N. Hall- Stanton and Mercy's grandson)had started many years ago. I'm thrilled to have found info on our family. Gram Gram would've been delighted as well!! BJC

Anonymous said...

Stanton and Mercy also relatives of mine. Stanton's children came to Cumberland County NJ, Vineland, of which I am directly related to. My father and his father are both William Hall, my name is Barry Hall.

Midge Frazel said...

Hi, Barry, Tell me more about your Hall family.
Please email me at midgef@midgefrazel.net