Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lieut. Thomas BIGLO

Lieut. Thomas BIGLOW by midgefrazel
Lieut. Thomas BIGLOW, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Evergreen Cemetery in Marlborough, MA on Wilson St. in the old section is this beautiful stone. 

I don't think this is a family member of my husband's but it is so clearly readable I just had to photograph it.
Vital records to 1850 say that Lieut. Thomas BIGLO's name might be BIGLOW or BIGELOW. Thomas died 10 Feb 1779 in his 74th year.


Update: one tree at Ancestry.com states that Thomas's wife was Bethia Newton, daughter of Jonathan Newton and Bethia Rice who were my husband's ancestors. 

This lovely stone's death message is clear. My glass (hourglass) is run (empty of sand) and so must yours. Everyone dies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful carving on this one!