Saturday, July 28, 2012

Meeting Karen

IMG_1601 by midgefrazel
IMG_1601, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

 Karen Stanton Cook and I are cousins through our immigrant ancestor Thomas Stanton. She came from NY to the reunion held last weekend. She is my Facebook friend and will attest, to all who ask, that I actually exist!

Her husband took photos of all the attendees, including one of hubs and myself. 

She says I look taller on my Facebook page! At least I look taller somewhere. Behind me is my own display board, which I donated to the church a a conversation piece.


As most of the reunions that I attend are held in Connecticut, I choose only one or two to go to each year. The Stanton Society is smart. They don't have one every year. The last one was in 2008. It gives the committee a lot of time to prepare.


It was amazing how much they crammed into three days for activities. I was told 140 people attended. 


It was a great location and I hope that they have it here next time (after I am retired). It was a beautiful day. 


Thanks, Karen for letting me use your photo in my blog. By the way, she lives in NY. The car license plates in the parking lot were from many states. There are a lot of Stanton descendants.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Midge, So glad you both met in person. Very nice! I can see a resemblance between you both. Thanks for posting this picture!