Friday, January 18, 2013

Evans, Dudley and Owen Miner

Evans, Dudley and Owen Miner by midgefrazel

Cousins and Brothers
 
Just when you thought the last photo shared with me by the Mystic River Historical Society was adorable comes this one of my grandfather, Evans, the elusive brother Dudley and their first cousin Owen Stewart Miner. I have his gravestone so he will be the next Tombstone Tuesday.

From the back of the photo comes their ages:
Evans is 10
Dudley is 4 years and 10 months
Owen is 1 year and 10 months.

The year is 1896.

This photography studio I have not heard of!

2 comments:

Debra Newton-Carter said...

I did a quick Google search of F.W. Stiles, Westerly, RI and discovered a book with a brief mention: The Photo-beacon, Vol. 9, August, 1897, p. 184:
"Class D"; "F.W. Stiles, Westerly, R.I.is in a transition stage, but will develop rapidly once he gains courage." Hmmm...I wonder why he needed courage? Sounds like there's a back story here!
http://books.google.com/books?id=NKUEAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA184&lpg=PA184&dq=F.W.+Stiles,+Westerly,+RI&source=bl&ots=5p41vfkSDB&sig=23RxDmFTYDLudtbx3ixWKzPhQaE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=OM_5UObELoPW9ASkzICQAQ&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=F.W.%20Stiles%2C%20Westerly%2C%20RI&f=false

Midge Frazel said...

I have found him in the city directory. That's all I know....