Monday, May 13, 2013

Spring in the Cemetery

Spring in the Cemetery by midgefrazel
Spring in the Cemetery, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Woodlawn Cemetery in Acton, Massachusetts
On 2 May 2013, hubs and I went to Woodlawn Cemetery in Acton just for some fresh air and a "look-see" as my Dad used to say.

As this is one of those New England Cemeteries with paved roads inside, we just drove around and looked at the various areas. It is quite large. I thought this tree was especially nice.

As we pulled in the cemetery workers were leaving. It was 3:30 PM. Late in the day for photographing stones but much to my surprise I did get some nice photos of the older stones.

I have always felt that as you move around in the various ares of a cemetery and the type of stones change it is indicative of the "mood" of the time period. Maybe others don't feel this. I don't know.

I did only a little research about this cemetery so we will have to return someday.

No comments: