Friday, February 02, 2007

Tips for Cemetery Buffs


60 Hemlock
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel.
As I have been researching, recording and photographing cemeteries where my ancestors are resting, I have learned to take photographs of the surrounding area where a particular stone, plot or section is located.

This is a "section" or "street "marker for the plot where my parents, paternal grandparents and favorite aunts and uncles are located at River Bend Cemetery in Westerly, Rhode Island. There markers make it easier to find your way around in a very large cemetery.

In addition to my father's family buried here, I also have my maternal great grandfather and mother, a very special great aunt and her young daughter. I have a lot of people to say "hello" to when I see this marker.

No comments: