Thursday, November 06, 2008

Bridget FISH


Bridget FISH
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
I stood before this grave and said, "Oh, look, this must be Bridget Fish, daughter of Dea. Sands Fish and his wife Bridget Gallup!"

The reason for the surprise is that this daughter is NOT listed in the Fish genealogy with her brothers and sisters and I would not know about her except that I noticed her birth record in the list of Fish births in Groton, CT. That sent me to the marriages to find her husband. I didn't know her date of death until I took this photo.

This completes finding all of the graves of the children of Dea. Sand Fish and his wife Bridget Gallup. [My direct line ancestor in these children is Levina Fish who married Isaac Denison, Jr.]

Bridget was the last of nine children born in her family. She died at 34 leaving two little girls. The 1840 census lists her (female 1, ages 20-30), her husband (male 1, ages 30-40 and females 2, ages under 5)

No comments: