Wednesday, July 22, 2009

North Adams


N. Adams_ Not Copyright
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
Sometimes when I just have a few minutes, I do a Google Search on an ancestor's name. Today, I pick Ada Ann Evans who married my great grandfather Charles Evans Stewart. I don't have a photograph of her in my family collection.

I searched for her name and the town that she lived in North Adams, MA and came up with something that looked promising at the Web site, Archive.org. Before reading any further, I noted that the resource I was about to look at was "Not In Copyright". I love it when it says that!

I used the online browser choice to page through this and then chose the download in PDF choice so that I could print pages. I learned very quickly that the "snapshot" feature of Adobe Reader allowed me to select a section/page of the book and copy it to be able to paste it into my graphics application to make a JPG.

No comments: