Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tom in 1940


Tom in 1940
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
It would be seven years until I am born so I guess I am still the twinkle in his eye in this 1940 photo of my father taken in the summertime.

My father was an early to bed early to rise person (as am I) but he made an exception on the night of July 20, 1969 to see the "walk on the moon" broadcast. He made no comment except to say that he didn't think that would happen in his lifetime. As we lived in the East, it was after midnight when we were done with that historic event and then we went to bed.

I said,"Happy Birthday" to him because we had stayed up long enough for it to be 21 July. I was 21 years old. Ten days later, I was to meet the man I married. And the rest, as is said, is history.

No comments: