Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Gift of Bathrobes


Christmas 1960
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
Smile for the Camera 19th edition: "Gift"

I will be the first to admit that in our long, dark New England winters, I am prone to get into my pj's, slippers and bathrobe as soon as supper is over and the dishwasher is chugging away. Honestly, when it gets dark here starting at 3:15, I am ready for bed. I would be a good candidate for hibernation. Wake me when it is springtime.

As a young child, I received a gift of new pjs or a bathrobe to be worn Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. This is a photo of my favorite bathrobe which I am wearing just to have my photo taken. It is Christmas 1960 and I am in the 8th grade and yes, I still love my stuffed animals.

I continued this tradition of buying new pjs for my daughter until recently and I think that next year, Anthony will be getting new Pjs for Christmas from me, his Grammie. Of course, that means I will need to buy new ones for me too. Maybe I can get ones that match his? Don't laugh.

Excuse me now while, I go put on my bathrobe. Oh, it is only 12:50 PM. Darn.

2 comments:

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Practical gifts with a tradition and a story. A Dad has to SMILE at that every time!
Thanks for sharing, Midge!!

Bill ;-)

http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

Donna Hansen Peterson said...

We got pajamas every year from the same aunt and uncle. You made me smile.