Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: Harcomb and Buster


Harcomb and Buster
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
When he was young, my father was called Harcomb, which was his middle name. It was the maiden name of his great-grandmother, Margaret (1832- 1922) who married Thomas BROADFOOT (1829-1899) on 7 Nov 1851 in Scotland.

As his father was Tom and he had a great uncle who was named Tom, it meant there were three people named Thomas Broadfoot in Rhode Island when he was a little boy. You certainly wouldn't expect that, would you?

My friend Barbara Fallon, who reads my blog, pointed out that the photo I posted last week was probably taken in front of the mill houses on Bowling Lane in Bradford, RI. I think that photo was taken on the same day as this one.

Stay tuned, more information tomorrow.

No comments: