Thursday, May 13, 2010

Firsts and Lasts

Heather's First Elephant Ride

In life, there are many "firsts" and "lasts". This is a photo taken of my daughter at Busch Gardens in Floria when she was 3 1/2 years old. Yes, I know she did not meet the height requirement, but the trainer said she could do it. So few people were in the park that day as it was early fall, just after a hurricane hit the East Coast.

This photo is blurry because my hands were shaking. What was I thinking to let my only child ride the elephant? She loved it and she remembers it! I guess it was worth the risk.

Life is full of great firsts like this one; things that worked out just fine. I'm posting this on my husband's last day of work. I hope the rest of our lives goes as well as this first time on an elephant!

No comments: