Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday: Cemetery Ceremony


Cemetery Ceremony
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
The back-to-back cemeteries in Maynard, MA were a sight to behold yesterday, Memorial Day 2010.

There was a small procession/parade into both cemeteries and people were walking from one to another looking at the gravestones and admiring the flowers. I have not seen this in YEARS but I explained to my daughter and son-in-law that this was what it was like when I was a child.

I has a moment of being thrown back in time even through I knew no person buried in the place. At the second cemetery called Glenwood, we stood for a few minutes and I snapped this photo of an older man leaning against an this monument. I imagined it was his family plot and that he was a veteran. Maybe I will see him next year?

No comments: