Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday: Neat Rows


Gallup Burying Ground
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
It may look, from this photo, like this would be a snap job to record this cemetery but it has still been quite a challenge despite the rows upon rows of organized markers.

Some rows have footstones; some do not. Some have flag markers in front of the wrong stone and some a babies and small children buried next to whomever died first that gave birth to them.

The complied Gallup Genealogy lists probably all of the adults that are buried here. If I am lucky I can match up some part of the name on a child's grave to their listing in the genealogy. I hope to have a accurate listing of each gravestone I have photographed.

I like to take several "whole graveshots" so that I can be sure I have the placement right. By the way, this is the front row left side. There are graves in front of the front row out of range of the camera.

No comments: