Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sentimental Sunday: Ruth and Her Sons


Ruth and Her Sons
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
Today, we will travel to Rhode Island to the memorial service for my mother-in-law.[Ruth C. Frazel) Her service will be held in the church where my husband and I married. It is one of the oldest churches in Rhode Island. I don't remember it well. My wedding service was 22 minutes almost 38 years ago. The pews are hard wood and it is cold in there.

This photo is of her with her three boys. My husband is the middle child. He is being obedient, standing still next to his mother and baby brother, posing for the camera.

This photo says a lot about his mom and his brothers. It is the only "old" photo I can find will the brothers and their mother. Did you notice the imperfection in the lower left of the picture? Is it a reflection on something in front that we can't see?

Reflecting on the life of my mother-in-law today. I liked her. She was a kind and loving mother.

Here is a recent photo taken with two of her sons.

No comments: