Tuesday, August 02, 2011

In Between

DSC05587 by midgefrazel
DSC05587, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

On Sunday we trekked to St. Patrick's Cemetery in Watertown, MA in search of my son-in-laws ancestors. I did my homework before we went even going as far as contacting a fellow gravestone lover on Flickr who had some stones from this cemetery in her collection.

We spread out after driving around on the roads within the cemetery because my grandson, who is an active toddler, wanted out of his car seat.

I soon learned it was hard to keep track of him because he liked squeezing in-between the stones. I couldn't get him to stop doing it either. I took several photos of him investigating graves until he fell on the road and cut his forehead a little. Maybe he was safer in-between the stones!

1 comment:

Elizabeth O'Neal said...

Been there, done that (but so far, no grave-related injuries)! I'm pretty sure my daughter still thinks cemeteries are just big parks with lots of stepping stones to jump on!