Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ann, wife of Samuel Graves

Ann, wife of Samuel Graves by midgefrazel
Ann, wife of Samuel Graves, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.
This beautifully preserved gravestone is of Ann STONE, daughter of Daniel and Mary Stone, and wife of Samuel GRAVES of Sudbury, MA

The Find a Grave page lists her maiden name and her death record.

This is her birth record:
STONE: Ann, d. Daniel and Mary, Jan. 15, 1670. M.R. Birth, Sudbury, MA

Her marriage to Samuel is not recorded but probably took place about 1700.

Her death record lists her as having died in 1739 but you can see if you look closely at this gravestone that it reads 1738. I so wish all gravestones were this easy to read.

This stone caught my eye because of the surname GRAVES. I admit to chuckling when I learned her name was STONE. (Get it? Gravestone)

It is a petite stone and is a lot like my ancestor, Ann Borodell Denison who died in 1712.

No comments: