[Stewart Clan Magazine, May, 1926]
William2 STEWARD, [Jr.] was born Dec. 26, 1714, in Stonington, Conn. married there Dec. 4, 1740, Elizabeth Stephens, daughter of Henry and Elizabeth (Fellows) STEPHENS. He died prior to Jan. 4, 1760, [see notes below] for on that date his widow Elizabeth was appointed administratrix of his estate. She subsequently married Joseph PALMER, a widower with nine children and had a daughter by him named Sabra.
Family legend says he fell down the stairs of the unfinished Stewart Homestead and broke his neck and died.
The Diary of Jabez Fitch recorded the death of William as "Sund: ye 9th...This Day Wm Stewert was burried &c." [buried 9 Dec 1759] [The Complete Mayflower Descendant, Vol. XV, Diary of Jabez Fitch, Jr., Page 148. Source: Genealogy.com]
- Lucretia born July 30, 1741, m. Mar. 8, 1761, Dr. John Bartlett of Lebanon, [CT]
- Lucy born July 30, 1743, m. Jared Stephens/Stevens, her [1st] cousin
- Nathan born June 22, 1745, m. May 1, 1768 Barbara [Barbary] Palmer
- Elizabeth born Oct 7, 1747, m. John Coates, as [his] second wife
- Mary born Nov 28, 1749, m. Oliver Wilcox
- William born Mar. 16, 1732, m. (1) Sept. 25, 1774 married (2) Amanda Darrow
- Content born June 6, 1754, m.Timothy Coates
- Elisha born June 29, 1757, m. Sarah Witter
- Eliphalet born Aug 14, 1759, m. Mercy Coates