Monday, January 30, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday: Hyde Gravestone


Hyde Gravestone by midgefrazel
Hyde Gravestone, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Unknown Hyde Gravestone
My husband's cousin took this gravestone photo but I am not sure what it says. I did find a list of gravestones for this cemetery and discovered that there are two Daniel HYDE gravestones listed. One should be David HYDE. You can see why that mistake could have been made with such a worn gravestone.


I think this may be a gravestone to mark the deaths of other children in this family.I can't find death or marriage records for other children. 

DANIEL HYDE, d. 1821, aged 23 years
RUTH HYDE, d. 1813, aged 5 years
RUTH HYDE, d. 1804, aged 18 years
EBENEZER HYDE, d. 1813, aged 58 years
RUTH HYDE, wife of Ebenezer, d. 1793, aged 29 years
ABIGAIL HYDE, d. 1828, aged 66 years
DANIEL HYDE, d. 1826, aged 21 years


Sutton, MA Web site

Sutton, MA Cemetery Page

No comments: