Sunday, February 12, 2012

Books About Stow

Books About Stow by midgefrazel
Books About Stow, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.
Teaching Cemetery Research: Local History Resources

As a housewarming gift for our new home in September of 2010, a close friend gave me the Images of America book about Stow. As part of my project, I purchased the book "Stow Things" written by a local historian. There are other books but I will have to use them at the library.


I also have discovered that the library has a "cemetery file" which covers the cemeteries here. I will be going there to explore that very soon.


Local history sources can tell you a lot about the places in which your ancestors lived. But, don't forget about the vital records for the area and compiled family histories. You may not think there are such things but you should look.


Vital Record of Stow to 1850 at Archive.org

No comments: