Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Entwistle Gravestone

Entwistle Gravestone by midgefrazel
Entwistle Gravestone, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Oak Grove Cemetery, Fall River, Bristol, MA

Much to our surprise, this black and white photo (dated 1954) of a gravestone was found in the pile of unsorted photos of my husband's family.

This is the gravestone of my husband's Aunt Jane E. Craig and her husband James H. Entwistle. Jane was my mother-in-law's oldest sibling. When she died at the age of almost 102, we helped with her funeral and her burial. It was my first ride in a limo.

This photo makes this area of the graveyard look empty. I can assure you that there is NO empty space around this gravestone. When we stood there in the rain, I wished I could take a photograph of both sides of the stone. I need to go back to this massive cemetery in Fall River, Massachusetts and find the gravestones of my mother-in-law's family. It is really not that far away. 

While building her page at my tree at Ancestry.com, I thought how amazing it is to live to be almost 102. I know that her photo collection has been mixed in my the rest of my husband's family photos so I have begun organizing and scanning them. It is best to start with Aunt Jane. As the oldest child, she told us stories that no one else can. This is the photo that was on display at her service.

 

No comments: