Monday, July 09, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday: Look Around

Dow Gravestone by midgefrazel
Dow Gravestone, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.
Take Photos of Surrounding Graves

It pays to take a few shots around the family plot. This is what my parent's gravestone "looks at" every day! I went looking for this photo when my friend Barbara Fallon told me where the DOW gravestone is located (by section and road name) in River Bend Cemetery.

The original of this photo can be "zoomed" around in enough for me to see large names on monuments.

When I took this photo I was looking for my grandmother's parents. I didn't find them. Why? Because they are buried in Georgia. I wouldn't have looked there!

On my way to the Stanton reunion in mid-July, I will go to Westerly and take the photo of the Dow gravestone.

No comments: