Friday, July 27, 2012

Walking in the Footsteps

Walking in the footsteps by midgefrazel
Walking in the footsteps, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

The land, the past and the future...
 
I spend a lot of time thinking about how lucky I am to be a New Englander and to have the opportunity to see and walk in the places where my ancestors lived, worshiped and worked.
It makes the past more believable and the research process more interesting. At this reunion, I am impressed with the people who come from many states away to learn about their ancestors.

Many still carry the Stanton name as their maiden surname or as their male surname. These family historians are more passionate about their investigations and enjoy the company of others with the same history.

So, that why I took this photo just outside the front of the church. I wanted you to see my feet. It is what genealogists do. We help people walk back in time to find their family history. Everyone needs to think about that every day.

No comments: