Monday, January 28, 2013

House Cleaning Help

House Cleaning Help by midgefrazel
House Cleaning Help, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Welcome Relief 
 
I love these postcards that I purchased from a man who sells vintage toys on the Web. I often idly Google search terms, "Westerly Laundry" or "Victor Cleansing Co." while I watch TV. I tried a Google alert but it didn't work well for me.

At first, I thought this ad was a postcard but it is an ink blotter for fountain pens. I guess it was to encourage housewives and businesess to clean their rugs and drapes.

My project is winding down this week. I still have a lot of things to write but it will have to wait until March.

You will like my personal memories and the "what happened" to the business when I have finished my research. 


This is my last post in this series until then.

No comments: