Saturday, March 09, 2013

Adam Smith's Will

Adam Smith's Will by midgefrazel
Adam Smith's Will, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Merkland Farm and the Smith Bros.
I thought it might be interesting to take a look at some of my ancestor's wills from Scotland 's People. With help from another researcher (who lives in Australia!), I found Adam Smith's will. He and his brother ran the farm at Merkland in Dumfries, Scotland.

As you can see from the list of all the Adam Smith's, I found mine living at Merkland (#3). Adam's father was named John so I've decided that might be too hard to find. His mother was Helen Wallace and after some more help, I've found hers too and yes, her maiden name was part of the chase.

I"ll be face down in transcribing these and I plan to report what I find in them. 

No comments: