Thursday, April 18, 2013

Cemetery Bag Lady


Cemetery Kits

Several years ago, I started to develop my own kit of items I need to have at hand for my cemetery adventures. The kit on the left was my first one and in 2008, I took a photo of it. I post my photos to Flickr and this photo has had over 1,900 views. I can't imagine what people think who don't know what a genealogist does!

I carry a large mirror and a photographer's reflector too. I pray that the weather holds. Yes, I have been soaked to the skin. We spend a lot of time laughing. Amy Coffin, a fellow genealogist, says if you aren't having fun you aren't doing it right.

The kit on the right is my updated kit. (<--link to annotated photo)I put all that doesn't fit in the green bag in the red one. It is till hard to find everything when I need it.

Some of my favorite gravestone photos were not taken by me. Family historians and genealogists are delightful in that they share photos with others. What was my first gravestone photo? It is one of a family gravestone in Dalbeattie, Scotland where my paternal ancestors worked in the quarry and carved the gravestones. 

That's why my blog is called Granite in MY Blood. 

No comments: