Monday, January 20, 2014

The Key to Success

Key to Hope Chest by midgefrazel
Key to Hope Chest, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

The Key


As with any project, the key to success is to stick to it. This past year (2013), this blog was recognized as one of the top blogs and the genealogist who compiled the article and awarded the honors, made a big point of the fact that those named did so because of stick-to-it-tivness. We keep blogging through thick and thin.

For me, this is one of my best character traits and I am proud of the fact that I can plan, organize, and execute a successful blog. Getting it done is something I believe in. My family supports me and I hope, in the end, they appreciate what it takes to be the family historian.

I enjoy organization. I like to buy things that organize me. I struggle with the organization of photographs. But, I will get it done!

I'd like to thank Maureen Taylor and Denise Levenick for writing such great books that have helped me with this part of genealogy. I'd also like to thank Bill West for showing all of us how beautiful and funny the childhood of a family historian can be to write about. Reading about his childhood inspired me to dream about this project.

For me, the project begins next Monday with a special event. So, I will be quiet the rest of this week writing the blog posts for February. My husband has heard all my family stories and he is helping me by staying out of the way and listening to me read every single blog post. 

Family is the key to success. Remembering your childhood can shape your life. Don't wait too long to write your story.

No comments: