Reading Gravestone Inscriptions
- This page from the Connecticut Gravestone Network explains the use of the mirror to help read gravestone and lists some commonly seen words used on the stones.
- Lisa Louise Cooke shows us how to improve the readability of our gravestone photographs in this video presentation at YouTube.
- Web page (with links) lists types of gravestones and burial places
- Beth is an AGS trustee and has a great Web site and photos of selected cemeteries she has visited.
- My favorite? The information about White Bronze markers.
- My blog post about White Bronze markers
- Symbols on 17th and 18th century gravestones [PDF]
- Symbols on 19th century gravestones [PDF]
- Lettering in Marble [PDF]
How to Safely Reset a Gravestone (in PDF from AGS) Gravestone Photography and Rubbings
How to Survey a Cemetery
What is a "term grave"?
Tips for Taking Cemetery Photographs
by Kim Powell
Ruby Coleman's Blog (Genealogy Lines) Post: Finding Graveyards and Tombstones
Providence Journal: Suggestions for Writing an Obituary
The Legal Genealogist Speaks! Legal Genealogist: Find a Grave Revisited
Long List of Rules for the Long S
Last updated:11 Oct 2013