Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gearing Up for October


Gravestone
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
Some years back, my husband Steve and I went for a few days to nearby Salem, MA so I could learn more about the Salem Witch Trials. I taught about it in a special workshop for teachers and continue to maintain a Web page about Witch Hunts. The transcripts for the trials are held at the Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum. They let me in to look at them. They are under glass, with heavy dark drapes over them in a climate controlled room.

I have not found any ancestors who were accused of witchcraft but I am still looking and I won't be surprised to find someone. I would be delighted.

The Burying Point graveyard is so amazing. I think this is the first gravestone photo I ever took.

When you wake up tomorrow, it will be October, my favorite month.

No comments: