"This is the perfect time to make your New Year resolutions, goals, aims, declarations, intentions, aspirations, objectives, plans, targets, schemes, wishes, or whatever you want to call them!"
I think that this is NOT the time to make decisions about goals. I like to make goals ("resolutions") about the first of March (when the new year was before) and have the next two winter months to do a better plan.
Some ideas for my new plan are:
- to keep a journal of who I have helped, what we learned and the dates I helped. (most people call these client records and reports).
- to scan (with my new scanner) not only photos and vital records, but many important papers in my surname notebooks to cut down on what I have been printing and filing.
- to make more ancestor timelines and to write short "ancestor stories" for blogging and to make genealogy more interesting for my family.
- to find gravestones that match my ancestors and to make a list of discrepancies in dates (this might be easy as so many are confirming evidence)
- to contribute more gravestones and data to Find-a-Grave.