Saturday, September 03, 2011

Resting Spot

Main Screen by midgefrazel
Main Screen, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.
Free app for the iPhone.

I went to the Lower Village Cemetery here in Stow, MA to test out this app this morning. This is a screen shot of the Main Screen. There are things I really like about this app and some things that really need to be changed. The Web page for this company is located at RestingSpot.com

I had some questions and emailed Brett Atlas who shot me back an answer in less than an hour! That's great customer service. I first downloaded and installed this app on 19 August 2011 but they found a glitch in the GPS data and the uploaded process, so nothing I photographed and sent was recorded. That's why I always test things like this in a local cemetery on gravestones I can re-photograph.

I am still working on the process of using this app and I want to review my notes and check my photos before I write about it. But, you don't need to wait, you can go to the App store and download it youself.

Russ Worthington is going to test it out using his iPad2 and we are going to compare notes.

2 comments:

Cousin Russ said...

Midge,

Resting Spot #fail (for now)

As you suggested, it took my iPad2 to my local cemetery.

What I didn't know was that you need to have a wireless connection. I only have WiFi and haven't configured my Android to be a HotSpot (yet).

Bottom line, I could not use Resting Spot with my iPad. I did take some pictures and will post them.

#Fail number 2: the link to the Android APP didn't work from their website, and it's not in the Android Market.

Guess I'll have to wait to use Resting Spot.

I'll blog about the other testing that I did on this short LOCAL trip.

Thank you,

Russ

.. oh, have a great vacation.

Brett said...

Midge,

Thanks for the post. As usual, please keep the suggestions coming. We are excited to hear feedback and ideas as we continually improve the platform.

Brett