Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Phebe E. PALMER


Follow-up Blog Post to George Washington STEWART 

As I am a PALMER descendant, George Washington Stewart's wife Phebe and I are related. I've been working on her ancestors this week, very slowly as I know I need to connect her correctly to my own Palmer family in my tree.

Thanks to the database of the Walter Palmer Society, I can tell you that eventually, Phebe's family workd back to a husband and wife who were both Palmers! This isn't unusual in new England families but it make getting it right harder.

As you have seen with previous posts, men's names keep repeating in this Stewart family. Phebe's father was named Cyrus and his father was Ethel. Yes, Ethel is a man's name.

This explains the name on the gravestone for Charles Ethel Stewart that I blogged about earlier.   

Mother of 8 children, Phebe Esther PALMER was born 13 Sept 1818 in North Stonington and married 21 Mar 1841 at 22 years of age to George Washington Stewart. As her husband purchased the Stewart Homestead, she lived in the house that used to be next to this cemetery.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Midge, Interesting post about the Palmers. I enjoy how well you tie-in generations, and mention multiple persons within the families that share the same first name. Great post!