Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Young Evans

Evans Stewart by midgefrazel
Evans Stewart, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Where was this taken? 
 
This is the youngest photo of Evans that I can find in my family collection. I think it may have been taken my a friend because it is a little out of focus. Scanning it and working to "unblur" it didn't help.

It gives a year, but it doesn't say where it was taken. I think this must be the family home of his father, Charlie and his wife Ada in Westerly, RI.

That's the frustration of old photographs. The ones taken in a studio are better because you know where it was taken (if you can read the photographer's imprint) but I am stuck her trying to work this into my timeline! Timelines are not always about, well, time and dates!



It does show that he is well dressed. I think this family was not without money.

I'm finding that blending genealogy into research of a family business is indeed very tricky.

No comments: