Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fancy That!

Archibald FANCY by midgefrazel
Archibald FANCY, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

One of the things I love most about being a gravestone photographer, is the seemingly random way surnames stick in my head. 

While purposefully, walking around the Maplewood Cemetery in Marlboro, MA, my husband and I searched for anyone else named Frazel buried in this cemetery where his grandparents and great-grandparents are buried.

But, while I was walking up and down the rows of gravestones, I stopped DEAD (a little graveyard humor) in front of this gravestone.

My husband's great grandmother was Naomi FANCY and she is buried not far down from this section of the cemetery. Can this be a member of that family?

His family seemed to move from Baker Settlement, Nova Scotia, Canada to Marlborough, MA in 1892 for no reason we could determine. 

Now, I think, "Well, Fancy that!". They could have been moving here to follow some members of the FANCY family. 

A new mini-project The Fancy Family of Nova Scotia is underway... 

No comments: