Saturday, August 03, 2013

Writing Presentations

Designing, Developing and Presenting

This past week, I have been furiously designing and developing two separate face-to-face presentations that I will be giving in the fall. It is a lot of hard work because not only does it require research, taking photographs, creating PowerPoint slides, deciding on a verbal script but it also requires that I create a handout. For one, I am giving a live talk at a cemetery. It will have to be fast. It could be hot or even worse raining.....

Since you, the Web audience, most likely will not be at either presentation, I think I will plan to post some of the slides here after both events have taken place. I hope my readers will like this idea.

One presentation is for a family reunion for the Edmund Rice Family Association and is a private event (unless you pay to go to the reunion). This is what this family shares on their Web site for information about their family. I love "Edmund Rice 101". Take a look at what they know and more importantly what they can't prove and the citations  they provide.

Here's the opening slide for that 30-35 minute talk about gravestones. It is designed to help those who come to the reunion yearly and take part in that "cemetery tour" to learn more about their ancestors.


No comments: