Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Goals for 2014

Goals for 2014 by midgefrazel
Goals for 2014, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Goals for 2014

Happy New Year

Genealogists and Family Historians tend to be goal oriented folks. How they think about and organize the goals while accomplish ing them is the topic on many social media groups. I'd be willing to bet that those who read my blogs and follow my Facebook posts and Twitter feed are under the impression that I am a whiz at this. Well, maybe a little but not really.

This is a staged photo of my desk. My husband surprised me with a "Happy Light" which is supposed to help me with my seasonal affect disorder. Time will tell. The other things pictured here are going to help me with my writing.

I participate in a writing challenge in February. It takes a lot of research and photo prep. I have been working on it for months. It will still take forever for me to write. It is a blog post a day for 28 days. I'd rather spread them out but that's not the challenge. I think I will write the beginning and the reason for the project in the end of January. 

One of my major goals is to start writing down what gravestones I have blogged about since June 6, 2006. Yes, I did NOT keep a list. It will take me a lot of time to start working on that. That's a goal.

This is my first full year of retirement. I'd like my blog posts to improve and be pre-written. I did that for my fall blog posts and it works for me. Project based genealogy is more work overrall but it is my ultimate goal.

Keeping in the light....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Midge, I agree with your goals! I also believe that your new light will help you feel great. I so enjoy reading your outstanding blog and have learned a great deal from your information and work. Thank you for what you do.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your blogging challenge! I'm always impressed by the amount of research that goes into your posts, so I'm looking forward to what you put up next month.