Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Tombstone Tuesday: Buried on an Island

River Bend Cemetery, Westerly, Washington, Rhode Island,
collection of the author
Tombstone Tuesday: Buried on an Island

Gathering my Rhode Island cemetery photographs is no easy task. This is the section (#60) at River Bend Cemetery in Westerly, RI where my parents are buried. It is an island and I never really thought about this until this moment. (My parents are the stone with the flag. My dad was a WWII vet.)

I am preparing a file of directions for my daughter so she can locate the cemeteries and gravestone locations more easily. Have you done this for your family?

No genealogist is an island. It had taken me many years to really understand this. In this moment, I would like to thank all of the people who got me to this point in time. 

Where would I be without all of you? Thank you for your contined reading, comments and support.

2 comments:

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

Sounds like a good idea: leaving information about cemeteries and stones.

Anonymous said...

Hi Midge, Nice idea of writing down locations of known ancestral burials. Thanks! Congratulations on your blog anniversary. I think your Summer plans are spot on. Looking forward to many new blogs.