Monday, February 05, 2018

George J. Curry: Golfer, Chemist and RISD Grad

 George J. Curry
Golfer, Chemist and RISD Grad
1907-1982
Thanks to Barbara Fallon and the Westerly Library
 for the obituary help. (26 Jan 2018)

The Westerly Sun, Westerly, RI, 13 May 1982, p. 2

This obituary of my Uncle George gives us the year that he graduated from the Rhode Island School of Design and the day and place of his death and who was still living when he passed away. All valuable pieces of information.

His daughter, my late cousin, told me that he studied textiles and dyes. His obituary doesn't mention that he worked, first, for Bradford Dye,  in Bradford, Rhode Island where met Ada L. Broadfoot, my aunt.

His parents names and his birth date are correct from my oral interview of my aunt. My late cousin told me he left the BDA and went to work for George C. Moore Co.

Sine people lived in "mill houses" owned by the local mill, I think that Uncle George and his family moved when he changed jobs. sometime in 1962. 

Uncle George was a quiet guy until he started talking about golf, a passion he shared with my dad. I was pleased to see the name of the church he attended and that it was the one where his son, John and wife Frances were married in 1963. 

#52ancestors
#5

No comments: