Sunday, April 27, 2008

River Bend Cemetery Sign


River Bend Cemetery Sign
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel

Some months back, I received an email from Ed Faulk of Fullerton, CA about the posting of my family photos and gravestones pics of James A. Barber, my 2nd great grandfather who received the Medal of Honor in the Civil War.

Ed, when on vacation in June, 2006, took photos of his family at this large, lovely waterfront cemetery in Westerly, Rhode Island. This is one of his photos.

I asked him if he would share them with me and being a Web designer, he created a page of them so that anytime I needed them for research I could look at them.

Last night, while planning my next cemetery hopping event, I discovered that three stones that were on my list to be photographed are on his page! I love it when a plan comes together....

I am reminding all of you who read this blog, that it is important to take a photo of the cemetery sign, the gate or whatever will remind you where it is because not matter how carefully you plan you will be returning (hopefully, on this side of the grass) to take another photo or two or in my case 50 or 60!

No comments: