Monday, April 06, 2009

Weekly Genealogy Blog #14

Week #14: Talk about the different types of technology you use in your genealogy research. Whether it’s a new search engine, a special application, or anything else “2.0,” let readers know what you’re working with, and how it’s working for you.

I am seldom at a loss for blogging ideas but just on a lark (serendipity), I glanced at this blog post idea and said, well, why not!

I think that for the purposes of this blog, the photo hosting Web site, Flickr, and the online photo manipulation site, Picnik are my favorite Web 2.0 apps because without them, I could not write blog posts with the gravestone photos posted within them as easily as I do. It would be a laborious process for sure.

I have purchased premium [paid] versions of both sites as I think that I could not live without them and I feel that nothing is free forever. If you have a favorite Web 2.0 app then you should support it or it might disappear.

I have another new site I am working with but it is too soon to tell how much I like it!

No comments: