Monday, August 10, 2009

Gallup Family Reunion

Very soon I will be galloping toward the Gallup Family Reunion in Ledyard,CT. This is my first year as a member of the Gallups as I joined last summer as part of our "Genea-bloggers Summer Games".

My longtime Internet and Facebook pal, Carmen Johnson and I actually chatted on the phone lately. She hosts the page for all us Gallups. She does a fine job! It was fun to talk to her and makes me wonder why genealogists wait until a convention to actually voice speak to each other?

Carmen lives many states to the West and probably won't make a reunion so I have promised to be her eyes and ears. I hope to have time to take more gravestone in the cemetery you see here. Climbing over the wall is an Olympic feat in itself so it will be nice to see the gate opened.

I am hoping for a sunny, low humidity day to view Col. Benadam Gallup's grave and to picnic with my fellow Gallups.

Wish me luck! I'll be Bolde and Wyse for sure!

No comments: