Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Remembering Dad...


Thomas Broadfoot
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
In remembrance of my father whose birthday was 21 July. He was born in 1917 in Westerly, Rhode Island. This was, I think, his high school graduation photo, Westerly High Class of 1935.

The national news reminded me that it has been 40 years since the famous "small step" on the moon.  I watched it with my parents that night and I was surprised that my father stayed up until after midnight to watch it. Like me, he liked to go to bed early. When he stood up and said, "Goodnight", I replied "Happy Birthday". He had forgotten all about it in the excitement of the event.

My father was a friend, son, brother and WWII hero. Everyone who knew him thought he was a great guy. He was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent memorial tribute Midge! My late father graduated the same year - different area of the country.