Monday, January 17, 2011

PD Frazel


img351
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
It is too bad that my husband doesn't remember his paternal grandfather. This grandfather, who is buried in Maplewood Cemetery in Marlborough, Middlesex, MA, died on 14 Oct 1949 when my husband, who was born in 1945, was a little boy. Traveling from Rhode Island to visit family was hard on my husband who has the motion sickness we call carsickness.

Phares David Frazel born 11 May 1876 (according to his WWI Draft Card) in Baker Settlement, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. He came to the United States by ship in 1892 at the age of 16 with his parents Joseph and Naomi and his siblings. The information given to me by my father-in-law some years ago gives this date and some exact month and day of departure and arrival but I have not been able to confirm anything but the year (from census records).

I have learned a lot about my grandfather in-law in the past few months which I will continue in the next few blog posts.

No comments: