Sunday, March 06, 2011

Sentimental Sunday: Houses We Loved

Houses We Loved by midgefrazel
Houses We Loved a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.
I'm feeling sentimental about houses as we have an offer to sell the house we lived in for 39 years. I decided it might be nice to reprint a few photos of the house there and give them to the new owners. I did this when I sold my parent's home in 2002 and the young couple loved getting them in the mail. It felt weird writing someone elses name with my parent's street address.

As usual, I got carried away and sorted through my parent's and grandparent's photos and eventually my own albums to make sure I has digital copies or scans of my favorite photos of places we lived. I really needed ones without people in them but I couldn't help but put in the one of myself and my playhouse in the collage.

I created this collage for a frame that I have bought to go over my corner desk/charging station in our living room. It is 8 x10 and looks like it is floating in the corner. [Frame purchase information]

It is interesting how the houses we live in change over the years. I discovered a photo of my grandparent's house with another person's name on it. Sure, enough, he was the man who lived in the house before my grandparents purchased the house. I now could find the house in earlier city directories. I found a tree that has his name it in and let them a message. No response so far.

He was a photographer. No wonder those photos are exceptional. I'll blog about that later when I have done more research.

1 comment:

Jennifer Shoer said...

Midge, I love, love, love your beautiful collage. As soon as we get out if this horse show today, I am running home to gather old house pics. Did I tell you how much I love your idea? Thanks for sharing. Scrappy Gen