Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dazzling Sunlight

Row of Newton by midgefrazel
Row of Newton, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Old Southborough Burying Ground, Southborough, Worcester, MA
Last Sunday, we went to visit the Southborough Historical Society to gain information about my husband's ancestors who lived in that area.

I finally met Molly who has been a great help by assisting me with his HYDE ancestors. Guess what? She loves a good cemetery. Well, of course. Who wouldn't?

We wandered out into the parking lot and I was struck by the warmth of the day. The leaves are changing here but the temperature is summer warm. As we gazed out into the cemetery, I was delighted to see the sun at just the right angle to take the photo without the need for the mirror or the reflector. All I had was my camera.

The ancestors are calling! After all it was Heritage weekend. What could be more fitting than taking a few photos?

I took over 75 clear, readable shots. It was blissful. This is the row of Newton gravestones that I have blogged about before. They are descendants of Richard NEWTON.

Wait until you see the photos!

No comments: