Monday, May 07, 2012

Goodnow Monument

Goodnow Monument by midgefrazel
Goodnow Monument, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Armed with only my iPhone for a camera, we stopped by Wadsworth Cemetery in Sudbury to just to a look around this morning.

Hubs and I split up after deciding that the stones to the right of the cemetery were likely the oldest grave. I moved as far to the front as I could. browsing through the stones. None seemed old enough to be what is listed at Find a Grave for John, the son of Edmund GOODENOW.

I turned around to check on where hubs was located and there shining in the light was a Goodnow monument. Hubs yelled that he found another. I took this slightly crooked shot and moved up towards him.

It looks to me like the oldest stone is the one in front of the huge Wadsworth monument. When I was here previously, I took a photo of the monument and the ornate fence around it.

What I did see was a lot of variations on the name GOODENOW.

No comments: