Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Ship Confidence

Goodnow Surname by midgefrazel
Goodnow Surname, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

With Confidence! 
 
According to the information at the Goodenow Family Association, there is a passenger list for the Ship "Confidence" that brought many of the settlers to this area of Massachusetts in 1638.

My friend in Canada hosts a Web site which includes passenger lists so I went in search of the list. Bingo! Thanks!

Yesterday, I went to Wadsworth Cemetery for a little while and noticed that a nearby street is named Confidence. I yelped out loud and scared my hubs who was driving.

Not a coincidence! Wish I'd been fast enough to take a photo of the street sign.

This clip of one of the monuments shows one of the spellings of the name. I think this is the "modern day" spelling.

No comments: