Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dea. Nathan S. EDGCOMB

Sarah Louise STEWART, buried with her sister in The Stewart Hill cemetery, was the second wife and widow of Nathan S. EDGCOMB. When he died, she buried him with his first wife in the Edgcomb Cemetery in North Stonington, CT. [Photo by Brian Zoldak, 2012, used with permission]



I have been working on the folks buried here and as it is a multi-generational family, it is slow going. I have figured out that my Daniel (cabinet maker) and this family are related! But, that is a story for another day.


Nathan S. EDGCOMB's first wife, known as Mary HALLETT, was really Prudence Mary HALLETT. As you can imagine, I was annoyed when I found out her name did not match her gravestone. But, would I want to be named Prudence? [No.]


She died in 1878 and Nathan married Sarah in 1883 when she was 39. They had no children. As she is my relative, I will post her obituary which was given to me by the North Stonington Historical Society.

No comments: