Friday, August 03, 2012

Sentimental Week Ahead!

Vinyl Siding 1992 by midgefrazel
Vinyl Siding 1992, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Dear Readers of my Blog...
 
Dear Readers, I hope you don't mind but I have decided to blog about some family photos while I work on researching new batches of gravestones.

I pulled out my flip-pal scanner this week while I have been on a short stay-cation and scanned various photos from my parents collection and from my own photos while I work on the last remaining 1940 census records.

In 1992, my parents decided to have their house vinyl sided. I thought it was a good idea since we knew my dad had lung cancer. We were lucky that he lived until September of 1998.

I took several photos of the house that summer and I finally got them to sit on the front steps so I could take their photo.

My dad was already losing weight and my mother looked worried all the time. She was already having memory issues but she lived 10 more years after this photo was taken.

I was glad they did the siding as it made the house look newer and easier for me to sell after they were gone.

No comments: